Today I chose to upload a google.doc statistics investigation to Classroom for my Level One students. The assignment was shared to each student's folder. The students found their random sample from CensusAtSchool and pasted the graphs and stats into the google doc. They continued to analyse the data (with quite a bit of scaffolding) and write a conclusion.
The advantage of this is that I can open each students doc and see the work they did today and write comments very easily. I can also attach a marking rubric using doctopus and this can feedback to students by email.
A couple of students found it difficult to analyse their graphs on the computer screen and preferred to print out the graphs.
This photo shows the first page of the assignment where the student has written a brief question and plan and pasted in the graphs

No comments:
Post a Comment